Using XLL Add-in library to Excel 2010 Add-In on Vista

May 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Hi,
does anyone know if the XLL library supports creating XLLs for Excel 2010(running on Vista 64-bit or Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, for instance).

Do I need to download the sourcecode for the library and build it my self and then use that output?
And if so, are there any specific flags, constants I need to modify to target Excel 2010??

Thanks
Coordinator
May 2, 2014 at 6:35 PM
It does. Just set the configuration to x64. No need to download the source code.

AddIn create add-ins that work in all versions of Excel. AddIn12 creates add-ins that work only in Excel 2007 and later. Use AddInX to write single source, dual use add-ins.
May 2, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Thanks for the instant reply. Really appreciate your work . If I ever get back to work, I'll make a donation to your project.

Just realized I had Office 2010 64-bit installed on my primary Win installation.
Just got 32-bit/x86 XLL running on 32-bit Office 2010.

Thanks! :)
Coordinator
May 2, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Glad you like the library. When I worked for big companies the motto was 'Never time to do it right, always time to do it over.' In enjoy doing it right. I'm working on the next version of the library at http://xll8.codeplex.com. No interface changes, just wanted to incorporate the latest C++11 and C++14 enhancements.

Thanks for the offer, but I value your time and brainpower more than money. There are a bunch of Related Projects on the homepage that are only breadcrumbs at this point. Let me know if you are interested in working on any of them and I'll set you up as a developer. https://xllgsl.codeplex.com/ maybe?
May 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM
I am honoured to be invited for open source development. Unfortunately, my life is a little bit complex - as I am what is termed an Ascended Master and live in the mountains of Ireland, serving the earth(for free) - in some extremely Sacred ways...

I left engineering- and programming in particularr- a good few years ago and now only do architecture related contracts and QA, code reviews etc, for clients online and on-site.(just to pay for food etc)

I would love to help you though, so if we can find some thing small to start off with- and my health(I have cervical spondolosis) and my life-style allows me to- AND I feel that my code will be of the highest quality, then sure, let's do it. I do have a background in VC++.

Sorry if that's not the ideal answer you expected Keith. I honour your work; and your Soul contributions to this planet- even more .

Oummm..

A.M.D
Coordinator
May 5, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Let me know how/if I can get in touch outside of codeplex.

May 5, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Hi Keith, yes. My

Skype ID: immortalbuddha444

Email: [email removed]

May 6, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Whoops!

Eema-ile..:

Immortalbuddha444 ~at~ g-m-ai-l ~d-o-t c-o-m

U’re mathematician- will figure it out.

Peace