General

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Any comments you may have about nxll.

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:16 AM

The documentation says that a 32-bit version of Windows is required. Does 64-bit Windows simply not work, or is it untested?

Thanks,

Dr. Matt Wenham.

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I received a report that it works with 32-bit Excel 2010 on 64-bit Windows 7.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:53 PM

That's exactly what we're using \o/

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:14 PM

No idea where either of the setup files has installed any files on my Windows 7 system. With VC++ 2010 Express, xll isn't showing up as a Project Template. Do I need 'proper' VC++, or else where is the Template to pick up?

Coordinator
Jul 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

You need to run project.msi to install the project templates. They are scattered into the right spots under the Visual Studio folder. http://kalx.net/dnload/project.zip.

Should work with VC++ 2010 Express now. Let me know if you have any problems.

The xll library installs in Program Files\KALX\xll.

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I'm in, thanks, the new download worked. Now to...

1. Learn C properly
  2. ?
  3. Profit!

Steps 1 & 2 may well involve more hand-holding, it's much appreciated.

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Okay, still working through your example. A couple of things I'm not clear on:

1. How do I go about using the function defined in macro.cpp?
  2. When I run xll.doc, the documentation gets generated now I have HTML Help Workshop installed. I have to manually copy the CHM file to the Degub or Release folder for it to be found properly by the Add-In. Does the Add-In always look in the same directory as the .xll file for the .chm file? Is there somewhere else the .chm file can be put where it will always be found?
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2011 at 12:17 PM

1. Alt-F8, type the name of the macro, Run. And, no, I don't know how to make the macro name show up in the dialog box like you can do in VBA by making it public.

2. Your add-in will look for the .chm file in the folder it gets started from. I couldn't come up with anything more clever, but I am always open to suggestions.